Make an Appointment Now!


45 Bromfield Street

Suite 500

Boston, MA 02108

Downtown Crossing near Granary Burying Ground between Nine Bar and Bromfield Jewelers










Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Other times by Appointment.


  • Google Places Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon

DISCLAIMER: You may not use this website to provide confidential information about a legal matter of yours to me. Your use of this website does not make you my client or even my prospective client. If you have confidential information that you would like to give me, please communicate with me in person or by telephone–not by filling in any form on this website or by sending an unsolicited email to me.

  • Google Places Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon

©2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 by Law Office of Matthew W. Peterson

No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Nav Map

best criminal defense lawyer boston ma

Blog & Resources

   In Massachusetts, if you are charged with a first-time OUI or in some cases of second-time OUI, you could be eligible for a lesser sentence according to Mass. G.L. c. 90 §24D.  This is referred to as a "24D Disposition."

Who Can Get a 24D...

   In May 2018, the Law Office of Matthew Peterson, a criminal defense attorney, secured a NOT GUILTY verdict  for our client charged with four counts of attempted murder, one count of discharging a gun into an occupied building, and one count of dis...

    On February 1, 2019, the Law Office of Matthew W. Peterson got Rape 1st charges DISMISSED against our client.  If convicted, our client was facing up to life in prison.

   The case was dismissed because the Court had no jurisdiction over...

    When you are granted an adjustment of status based on a marriage under two years old, you are granted a conditional green card.  This conditional green card is only good for two years.

   You must remove the conditions by filing an I-751 with...

    If you are an immediate relative of a US citizen and did not cross into the US illegally, you could be eligible to adjust your status and acquire a green card.  This means you do not have to travel outside of the United States to get your green c...

    You have 42 days from sentencing to file a notice of appeal of your criminal conviction.  It's critical that you file a notice of appeal as soon as possible if you wish to appeal your case.  Otherwise, your conviction will stand, and your case wi...

    If you were convicted of a crime by a jury, had your probation revoked, or reserved an issue for appeal after pleading guilty, you have the right to appeal your criminal case.  This not something you should do by yourself - you need a criminal ap...

   The appeal of a criminal case can take several months and anywhere up to years.  It's a slow process full of long periods of waiting then frantic activity.  If you're looking to appeal your criminal case in Alabama, you need an experienced Alabama...

    A writ of certiorari asks the Alabama Supreme Court to review your case after the Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals denies your appeal.  

   The Alabama Supreme Court can decide not to listen to your appeal further and deny a writ o...

    If you have filed an application for adjustment of status, you may apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) while the green card application is pending.  This is done with a Form I-765.  It requires no additional fee when filed along...

Please reload

Please reload



I'm an attorney, but I'm not your attorney.  Do not take any information provided here as legal advice.  


This website includes general information about legal issues and developments in the law. Such materials are for informational purposes only and may not reflect the most current legal developments. These informational materials are not intended, and must not be taken, as legal advice on any particular set of facts or circumstances. You need to contact a lawyer licensed in your jurisdiction for advice on specific legal issues problems.