Make an Appointment Now!


45 Bromfield Street

Suite 500

Boston, MA 02108

Downtown Crossing near Granary Burying Ground between Nine Bar and Bromfield Jewelers










Weekdays: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Other times by Appointment.


  • Google Places Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon

DISCLAIMER: You may not use this website to provide confidential information about a legal matter of yours to me. Your use of this website does not make you my client or even my prospective client. If you have confidential information that you would like to give me, please communicate with me in person or by telephone–not by filling in any form on this website or by sending an unsolicited email to me.

  • Google Places Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Yelp Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon

©2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 by Law Office of Matthew W. Peterson

No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Nav Map

best criminal defense lawyer boston ma
  • Matthew W. Peterson

Do I Need an Attorney to File My Immigration Paperwork?

Updated: Mar 13

Many of my clients come in to me in a bind. They've filed some immigration paperwork, whether for a visa, green card, or naturalization, and they've messed something up. They've been given a strict deadline to amend their application or provide additional evidence, and they're not sure if they can make it.

It puts us all in a tough spot. It can take time to gather paperwork from different government agencies, and the USCIS doesn't give extensions to file additional evidence. If you don't file that evidence in time, your application could be automatically denied.

What can be done to prevent this? Hire a lawyer to do it right the first time. It's a lot cheaper and less stressful to do it correctly the first time rather than try to fix it on the back end.

Applications for almost any sort of immigration benefit involves a massive amount of paperwork - birth certificates, medical exams, and not to mention the confusing and complicated applications themselves. An experienced immigration attorney knows the ins and outs of the immigration process and the tricks of the trade.

If you need help filling out an application for a green card, a visa, or naturalization, and you want to do it correctly the first time, contact me today. I'd be glad to help.